Re: [ST] Rre:e: California Travelin

>From: Zoltan Pavlakovich
>Pacific Coast Highway (Route 1) runs in California only,
>mainly along the coast between San Francisco and Los Angeles.
>On 3/21/07, Frederic NIZERY <frederic.nizery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At least where I used to leave it was pretty staight.

What Zoltan said, Pacific Coast Highway nr.1 is not freeway 101.
It starts just north of Fort Bragg and stops at San Clemente,
between LA and San Diego. I rode it once on a borrowed ST1100
from north to south (actually started in Redmond, Oregon) and
once a year later with a girlfriend on two borrowed PC800
Pacific Coasts (both rides with the PC800 yahoogroup members),
the last one we ended just south of Big Sur after which we
took a detour through Yosemite, Sequoia NP, Lake Tahoe etc.

We were actually in Fort Bragg on "9/11", lost a friend who
was on his way to see us. But he got on the plane that hit
the second WTC tower. Very weird to ride on one of the most
beautiful motorcycling roads on earth with gorgeous weather
(and having the Golden Gate bridge all for yourself) with
the WTC crashes of the morning TV replaying in your head...
and then finding out in the evening that Chris was actually
on board of that replay, not being able to join for dinner...

Highway 1 is a lot, but not straight (except the bit around LA).
If you missed it, you gotta go back to see it :-).

Emile
www.piloot.com