[ST] Calling on the collective wisdom of the list...

Howdy folks, I need some help...

I am out in Arizona visiting my mother, trying to get
the bugs out of my '85 Shadow 1100 that I left out
here last year. I put it up for storage correctly,
running stabilizer through the fuel system and then
draining the carbs. Initially, it was hard to start,
as though it was not getting fuel. Once it fired, it
ran fine. Went for a ride. Bike rolls to a stop after
about 50 miles as though it had run out of gas. Fiddle
with the fuel system, check pump for flow, etc, all
good. Start her up and ride 20 miles home without
further incident, but bike not running perfectly,
missing a bit on idle. Check fuel cut relay, output
voltage way down from where it shoud be. Find another
used relay, same voltage. Go out for another ride.
Bike quits again, but after 25 miles...for a good half
hour or so, the bike runs perfectly. Here is where it
gets weird...After it quits, it will not start right
away. Wait a bit, bike fires up, runs rough. Run for
half a mile or so, stalls again. Coast ( this bike
will coast forever, thak God) for a few minutes, fire
up and run rough again. I limped home this way,
running under power for several hundred yards and then
coasting for several hundred yards, for 20 miles
yesterday...I am at my wits end here, dunno if it's a
fuel issue or a spark issue, and the troubleshooting
guide in the factory service manual is about as useful
as tits on a bull. Its not a vapor lock in the tank, I
ran the bike with the tank cover open.It is also not
the charging system. As many times as I had to crank
it to get it started, if the charging system was
faulty, surely I would have ran the battery down. The
fuel pump, when the line is disconnected from the
carbs, emits a stream that would make even a young man
envious, so I am guessing it is not the pump...Who
knows about the relay. Voltage is off of what the
manual says it should be, but both relays are within a
fraction of each other...

Looking for a couple things here:

1) Any advice that might help me troubleshoot and
localise the problem.

or

2) Any advice on a reputable and reliable service shop
in the Phoenix area, preferably on the north west
side.

or

3) The name of an active local list her in Phoenix in
the absence of the first two above.

Any info appreciated...

Thanks,

John