[ST] ROK Straps

I picked up some 54" ROK straps yesterday as an alternative to my current method of attaching additional gear to the seat (sewn webbing loops and 6-7mm p-cord). I have a Sargent seat, stock grab bar and hard panniers. My current set up uses one sewn webbing loop placed between the seat and the frame to form looped ends for attaching the p-cord. Also, I use a second webbing loop girth hitched to the grab bar. The p-cord forms a "web" between the loops. It works pretty well for me, but I thought that maybe the ROK straps would be an improvement and increase accessability to the gear stowed behind me.

  I am trying to minimize direct contact with the plastics. So far, I have not used the hidden metal tabs supplied with the Sargent seat as I dont quite trust them, yet.

  Are the ROK straps being used by anyone here? And what is your best method of attachment?