Re: [ST] Avon mileages

Thanks to everyone for the mileage info.  I think I'll just go for it
with my current set of tires since they only have about 1200 miles.  Will
probably have to spend a night somewhere and get a new rear tire on the
trip.  I now have a new set of Avon storms waiting for the next tire change,
but if I'm looking at 6-7000 miles, I'll need a new tire anyway on the trip.

Yes, Rick, we bought a pair of KLRs about a month ago.  Have been wanting
dual sports for awhile to explore back roads.  The KLR is tall for me, but I
bought a lowering kit, just in case I decide I really want it lower.  I'm
trying to put some miles on the bike before I lower it, just to make sure
that's what I really want.  So far, so good.  The KLR is really fun to ride
up in the mountains around here, lots of gravel and dirt if you desire.

Sorry to hear about your incident, glad you're okay.

Thanks again to everyone who responded,
Ride safe,
Beckie in Southern Oregon
2001 Sprint ST
2007 Kawasaki KLR650

When life throws you a curve, ride it!!

Hey Beckie,
The way I ride - halfast, right - I typically get 6-7k miles on the
rears and a few thou more from the fronts.

I see from your sigline you bought a KLR650.  How are you liking it
and did you have your legs lengthened or lower the bike? ;o)

--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST < rip :o|