[ST] Engine Dying

Hello all, I'm in a bit of a quandary.  I just finished doing a 6,000 mile
service and I've got a bit of a problem.  The bike keeps dying.  At idle,
sometimes underway, it's as if power is lost, somewhere for a brief moment.
At idle, obviously the engine quits.  Under way it's just a bit of a
stumble.   No poor running, just OFF. Like I'd hit the kill switch.
Immediately all the dash lights are on, just like I just turned the key on.

I'm assuming first off that I either pulled one of the FI wires loose, or
failed to make a good connection to the tank somewhere.  That's where I'll
start.  But does anyone else have another idea?  Didn't get anywhere near
the ignition switch so I'm pretty sure it's not the case of the stretched
wires.  Kill switch and side stand switch both seem to be in good order.

Lastly, if this were an intermittent power to the fuel pump or ignition
issue, would this show up as an error if the ECU were read?

'99 ST

TIA

David Earl
CRS America