From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dlearl
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:38 PM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Engine Dying

Hello all, I'm in a bit of a quandary.  I just finished doing a 6,000
mile
service and I've got a bit of a problem.  The bike keeps dying.  At
idle,
sometimes underway, it's as if power is lost, somewhere for a brief
moment.
At idle, obviously the engine quits.  Under way it's just a bit of a
stumble.   No poor running, just OFF. Like I'd hit the kill switch.
Immediately all the dash lights are on, just like I just turned the key
on.

I'm assuming first off that I either pulled one of the FI wires loose,
or
failed to make a good connection to the tank somewhere.  That's where
I'll
start.  But does anyone else have another idea?  Didn't get anywhere
near
the ignition switch so I'm pretty sure it's not the case of the
stretched
wires.  Kill switch and side stand switch both seem to be in good order.

Lastly, if this were an intermittent power to the fuel pump or ignition
issue, would this show up as an error if the ECU were read?

'99 ST

TIA

David Earl
CRS America
(v)+1 702 368 3680 Ext. 3
(f) +1 707 281 1426

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)=
 and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized=
 review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the=
 intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy al=
l copies of the original message.