[ST] ST questions, at least a couple

Hi,
My name is John Sheldahl.
I'm currently negotiating a deal on a new 2007 Sprint ST.
I'm looking to purchase this bike to extend and expand my two-up
sport touring possibilities.

My first question is "Is this the correct list for these bikes?"
I see lots of references to the pre-2005 machines and just wondered
if I was in the correct place.

Second, I'm trying to decide if I really need the ABS model or not.
I'm currently on a 2001 Honda VFR and have adapted to its linked
brakes, but still get to ride other bikes from time to time.
Will the ABS really make all that much difference?

What brand and model of tires should I expect to find on a 07 triumph
Sprint ST in the USA? Would the ABS make a difference in this?

Are there any issues with switches or electrical that the list has discovered?

I'm hoping to snag a test ride in the next week or so and get some
ideas for the details like; gel seat or not, which heated grips, tire
expectations and more.

I hope you folks will be honest with me and share both the good and
bad so that I can make a more informed decision when it comes this purchase.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"