Re: [ST] Slimy Crud Run

http://tinyurl.com/2ucopv
Missed adding the link to the map.
And no the Slimy Crud run was in Wisconsin
Just west of Madison.Missed adding the link to the map.
And no the Slimy Crud run was in Wisconsin
Just west of Madison.
Missed adding the link to the map.
And no the Slimy Crud run was in Wisconsin
Just west of Madison.

I got to the BMW dealership by 6:45 and we left, about 30 people, at 7:30, leaving about 10 people
at a time. We fly down 41 and hook up with I-94 out towards Madison. Not much excitement just a
lot of lane changes and saw only one cop on an overpass. He just waved and we waved back.
The temperature was in the 50’s at the most the whole ride there so needless to say I was a bit
chilled by the time we got to Mazomanie.
We got to Mazomanie for breakfast at about 9:00 and there were already well over 200 bikes there.
A nice meal was payed for by some area BMW dealerships. It was rather nice and quite tasty.
We had breakfast and then it was basically a free for all. Kind of go when and where you want.
I really didn’t know anybody up there so I hooked up with some guys on Victories A BMW ST, Ducati ST
and a Gold Wing with side car. All in all a pretty good bunch. Headed out, hit the gas station, I had filled
up in Milwaukee so I was confident that the Sprint didn’t need any for awhile.
So we rode to Pine Bluff and hung out there for a little bit checking out the bikes and talking
to people. Plenty of people were taking pictures of my bike and wowing over it so that put a smile on the old mug.
After hanging in Pine Bluff a while we headed to Leland. More bikes there and hung out, learned about an accident.
One person that met up with the group had pictures of a bike (Rocket III) that had run into a barn. Had to helicopter
him out to the hospital. That is the only accident that I had heard about thank God. Hung out there for awhile and then
headed to Devil’s Lake. At one point we past a cow pasture and the cows took chase along side of us. It was a nice
sight. Most of the time you never see a cow run. There were some nice curves and some good hills. It felt like a roller
coaster at times. Rode around the lake for awhile and headed down highway 60. About 45 mins from Hartford we
stopped again for fuel. This time I filled up since the gauge was about to hit red. Turned out I still had a gallon left after
around 250 or so miles of riding. And for those that were talking about fuel gauges, it stayed on full for over 100 miles
and then dropped down to ¼ for awhile then rapidly dropped. so the sprint fuel gauge is a liar. Any way we parted ways in
Hartford and I headed past slinger and on to 41. Passed 2 Harley plants on the way home and felt sorry for those tired
old bikes. As I pass Miller park I am glad that the Brewer’s game hadn’t ended yet so I didn’t have to deal with any post
game traffic. I then get off the freeway and stop at Club Garibaldi’s for a cool one before finally getting home.
It was a good ride, and my first ride of the season. I should be heading for the Fall Slimey Crud Run, but I do not know
what month it is in.> Message: 6> Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:20:43 -0400> From: "Jeremy Witt" <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Subject: Re: [ST] Slimy Crud Run> To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Message-ID:> <60B1F6103F9A3841B2C2432D0A66974E144521@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"> > Slimy Crud in NE GA? Heard all about them, haven't yet had the chance> to watch or participate. > > Jeremy Witt> Newbury Partners> www.newburypartners.com> (o) 603-893-3022> (c) 603-475-4228