[ST] ceramic coatings

The dealership that I work for just had a vendor come in today to
push is companies coating services. They coat heads, headers, frames
and more for heat protection as well as from the general elements.
I have his card and an offer of a great price 5% over dealer cost to
coat the header and chambers of the cylinder heads on my vfr.
I'm thinking about the headers both inside and out for both
durability and heat control.

I'm also thinking forward to when I get my sprint St and having those
headers done as well.

The big twist was this vendor says that they use a harder gloss
white-silver ceramic for the inside of the pipes and a textured satin
dark grey silver for the outside.
This is the first that I have heard of different coatings and
finishes on headers to help control the heat.

has anyone heard of this?

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"