Re: [ST] Outed again

Neil Halbert wrote:
>>> Well now I am teaching my daughter to drive and using the old
pickup. Well she pulled into the yard and proceeded to stop in garage
entrance. Unfortunately the door was closed at the time. Took the door
off the rollers, pushed it into the back of the car parked there,
luckily no damage. The bike was parked on the side stand between the
two bays. When the door came off it lapped the ST in the rear/bag
sending it forward about 6 feet and over on it's side. Luckily the
wife's car was not that at the time or else she would have gotten the
entire fleet. Tally: left mirror, left foot peg, clutch lever bent (
bent it back ), left cowl end scraped ( was brand new :-( ), cowl
tweaked, left side upper and lower panel cracked between edge and vent
holes, left side saddle bag scraped up. <<<

Neil,
Sorry to hear your tale of woe!  Sadly, I have a number of fairing
panels which fit the same description.

There is a wealth of ABS plastic repair information online.  I just
ordered this book
http://tinyurl.com/23odrn .
Good luck with the repairs (and your daughter ;o),
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST < rip :o|