Re: [ST] Switch question.

> Around here it means "move or I'll blind you and run you off the road"
>
> picture this 2 - 50 watt low beams that are already brighter than
> most headlights, plus 2 - 50 watt high beams added in and they both
> shine right through your back window and your mirrors on an otherwise
> unlit stretch of highway.

I've not bothered with flashing headlights for several years now,
except in my car as part of a strategy to piss off someone in front
of me to induce them to try to brake-check me (because while they
think they're brake-checking me, the car beside them blocking the
other lane will be passing them and I will too).

On the bike, I just pass when I want, where I want.  It is so much
easier than waiting for people to get out of the way, or trying to
convince them they should move over to let me pass by flashing
headlights and stuff.  On a multi-lane road, I just stick to the
right lane anyway where it is usually more clear, and move over to
pass only when I have to.  I've seen some people that refuse to pass
on the right because it is the "wrong" thing to do, but I gave up
caring about that several years ago.  It is only wrong to the person
you are actually passing on the right, and if they're in the left
lane while they're not passing someone, then they don't know or care
what's "right" or "wrong" anyway.

On the bike, I can pass anyone in about 1 second if I drop to the
right gear, and about 2 seconds if I'm too lazy to drop a couple
gears.  Even when cars are blocking both lanes, there is usually
plenty of room to just squirt between them, and it happens so fast
that by the time they realize that I'm actually passing them anyway,
I'm already past and the only thing left is the howl of the triple
romping past 8K rpm.

Although, down here in south FL the roads are typically wider and
straighter than in many other places.  Still, when I rode up to NY
last summer and back down through the mountains, I spent very little
time stuck behind cars, passing is just too easy and too much fun.

Jim