Re: [ST] Switch question.

At 10:35 AM 5/16/2007, you wrote:

>JES_VFR wrote:
>
> > picture this 2 - 50 watt low beams that are already brighter than
> > most headlights, plus 2 - 50 watt high beams added in and they both
> > shine right through your back window and your mirrors on an otherwise
> > unlit stretch of highway.
>
>Picture that, hell, I'd like to realize that!  Did you do this on the VFR?
>Without melting the wiring or any of the plastic reflectors?  I'd
>sure like some
>how-to on that...

Okay for starters, my VFR stock has two dual element H4h bulbs with
45w lows and 55 watt highs. The only difference between the H4h bulbs
and standard 55w/55w automotive H4 bulbs are on tab and a couple of
small notches in the flat of the base plate. So remove the one key
tab and press down the cuts for the notches and you have a 55w/55w
honda mount compatible bulb. If you pick from one of the good
companies you can get a 55/55 bulb that is brighter and whiter than
the oem standards.
When I was getting my hoen brand bulbs for my VFR I also purchased
two heavy duty automotive H4 sockets. These come with heavier gauge
wire (it looks like ultra high strand count 14 AWG wire). To complete
this install I bought four rolls of the same wire (High stand count
14 AWG, extruded silicone jacketed) in different colors, three 30 amp
continuous duty bosch relays with unassembled connecting sockets,
some self sealing heat shrink crinp connectors and weatherproof rocker switch.
If you want the circuit I can go to paint and draw you up the circuit.

Since I rarely use the high beams at all, I have had no issues with
headlight housings and the switch is only so I can turn it off for
parades or bi-annual safety inspections.
Now if I could add a flash to pass to the VFR, I would put the rest
of the work to great use.

When I get the Sprint, I'll start figuring out how to upgrade the
lighting on it. I've actually been thinking of using some HID's. that
would not be too bad since the st uses three single element bulbs.

ps, I'm also adding in a pair of 55w mini projector lamps to the vfr
mounted in a set of mirror extenders. So more details to come.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"