[ST] Honda CB-1 for sale

1989 Honda CB-1 400cc
Blue
Very good condition
Some extras

Specifics:

Clear title
34,748 miles
Metzler M-1 Sportecs, at least half of tread left
Braided front brake line
Full Ontario exhaust system
Valves checked less than 2000 miles ago
New battery last spring
New regulator last spring
Forks prepped by Lindemann
Manual
Tool kit

Extra goodies to go with bike:

Plastic cover, right side engine case, new
Front and rear set, JT, new
DID 525 O-ring chain, new
Stock exhaust
OEM centerstand
Shop manual

This bike looks and runs very well. It is in very good
condition for its age. Paint is still shiny and not
oxidised, frame and wheels still in very good shape.
The bike has an Ontario full exhaust system and has
been rejetted for this. It is a bit loud, but sounds
great. Stock exhaust is included, and I am guessing it
will run just fine with the current jetting. Front
forks have been gone over by Lindemann, the exact
details of which escape me at the moment as this was
done by the previous owner. I will provide these
details at a later time. Braided steel brake line up
front. This bike goes, stops, and turns very well. The
front end is really sorted out well, provides
excellent feedback, and responds crisply.

Now the bad news, what little bit there is. I had a
low speed low side on the right hand side of this
bike. The damage is purely cosmetic, and miracously
very minor. I would bet that a CB-1 falling off of its
kickstand would generally sustain more damage than
this. None of the body work or frame touched, and the
bars never contacted or dented the tank (truly a
miracle for anyone that knows these bikes). There were
essentially three points of contact with the ground,
the side of the Ontario can, the plastic decorative
badge on the right side of the engine case, and the
end of the right handle bar. The can is scarred to be
sure, but not smashed or out of round, and I feel a
good bit of the scraping can be polished out. The
decorative badge on the side of the engine case can be
replaced the new one included with the bike. The case
itself is a little buggered but will clean up with a
little elbow grease. The bike had an inexpensive set
of bar ends attached, the right one of which took the
brunt of the scraping here. The very end of the brake
lever is scraped, could be polished out. I may have an
extra that fits. Light scraping on the frame of the
mirror which I have polished and colored with blac
majic marker. Detailed pics of any of this to those
interested.

Short list of what the bike needs:
Mechanical:
- Chain and sprockets (new included but not installed)
- Oil change ( due but not overdue)

Cosmetic:
- Polish the Ontario can ( or replace with included
   stock can)
- Replace the engine side cover badge (included, 6
   bolts)
- Polish or replace the frontbrake lever
- A cheap set of bar ends

This and good detail and cleaning will have this bike
sparkling like a diamond.

As it sits, you can put gas in it and go.

Asking $2400 for everything.

Please call or email offlist for pics and/or more
information. Bike is located in Cleveland, Ohio.
Posting to the list in advance, the bike
will go on ebay later this week. Someone please save
me the time and trouble... I can help with shipping on
my end, there will be some costs involeved as I would
have to rent a trailer, etc...

John Ulizzi
216-486-9371 home
216-389-9371 cell ( no voicemail )