Re: [St] Newbie Question -- PIAAs for the ST + other "Gotta Haves" for Long Days & Nights on the road

Joel Ashman wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
> While I like the heated grips for their convenience, they don't seem to be
> able to hack really cold weather.
> --Joel

I agree.  The last couple of mornings its been in the mid 30's F on my
ride in.  I either need to find gloves that are only insulated on the
outside (back) of the hand, or I need to get heated gloves.  It takes
about 10min for the heat to get through my insulated gloves, and by that
time the outsides of my fingers are tingling.  Not a good feeling.
However, the grip heaters are nice on those chilly mornings when you're
not wearing insulated gloves (think spring and fall when the temp
changes 30-40 deg F through the day).

Dan