From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=
m] On Behalf Of emallett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 8:11 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Newbie Question -- PIAAs for the ST + other "GottaHaves"fo=
r Long Days & Nights on the road

I agreed that heated grips by themselves don't hack
really old weather. I took a different approach to
solving the problem. I ordered a set of "brush
guards" for a Tiger and mounted them. Now my hands
are out of the wind. The heated grips can keep up
better and I can wear thinner gloves, which I prefer.

If you do this you will need the longer mounting
bolts for the clutch and brake levers. You will also
need to use a zip tie to secure the guard from
pivoting avoiding interference with the brake lever.

Ed Mallett
Tillamook, OR
03 ST

the ST + other "Gotta Haves"for Long Days & Nights on
the road

 >Hi Doug,

While I like the heated grips for their convenience,
they don't seem to be
able to hack really cold weather.

Next time, I'll be going with heated gloves (in combo
with a vet or
jacket).  They heat the whole hand and the insulation
from the glove doesn't
hamper the effect.  Also, they are transferable to
other bikes. (Bike bonus
if you have more than one bike)

The gloves are similar in price to the heated grips.

--Joel

On 11/7/07, Doug <dnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm new to the LiST, so this is undoubtedly a
repeat query.

> Has anyone invested in PIAA Driving Lights for
their ST?  Looks like they
> are mounted on the front forks.
>
> If so, were they worth the $$ and how durable are
they?\

> Am planning a trip from CA to Daytona Beach for
Bike Week next year and
> have
> been thinking about what adds the bike will need
for long days and nights
> on
> the road.  Are there any other "Gotta Haves" for
this kind of use?

> Any advice, recommendations and suggestions is much
appreciated.

> Thanks.
>
> Doug

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)=
 and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized=
 review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the=
 intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy al=
l copies of the original message.