From: chris warren <cdub35@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:18:15 PM
Subject: Re: [St] Testing Membership

Ok - since it's so quiet, I'll try to alleviate some of the boredom.  I have an 01 ST and recently the  bike has starting idling higher than normal.  I can idle in gear at about  7 or 8 miles an hour and when I'm at a stop and put it  in neutral, the revs go from a little over 1000 (which I think is higer than it should be) to about 1600 or 1700.

The throttle seems to be operating freely, but I've read about lubricating the throttle cable.  Would that help?

What can I do to resolve this short of taking it  to the dealer?  BTW, I just had it in to the dealer for 18,000 mi service (the bike has 21k miles on  it).

Thanks

Chris Warren