Re: [St] Testing Membership

>Ok - since it's so quiet, I'll try to alleviate some of the boredom.  I have an 01 ST and recently the  bike has starting idling higher than normal.  I can idle in >gear at about  7 or 8 miles an hour and when I'm at a stop and put it  in neutral, the revs go from a little over 1000 (which I think is higer than it should be) to >about 1600 or 1700.

Probably the stepper motor that is stuck. Eventually an air leak in the throttle body
between the butterfly and the engine.
Do you have an O2 sensor? I thing it's post 2002 only.
I am not sure that w/o O2 sensor stuck stepper motor would produce this effect.

Anybody to confirm?

For what it's worth.

Fred ST 02 BRG