From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd J
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 11:19 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Kentucky kid

OK, I will bite, since you asked... I watched it and I want my 2 hrs back. I
was embarrassed to have Nicky represent the US in MotoGP. Would it be so
much trouble to actually have someone give him some tips on how to survive
outside of Kentucky? IMHO, he represented much of what Europe/rest of the
world sees as the "ugly American tourist". He was disrespectful to the
interpreter during press conferences, showed a complete lack of
understanding of language barriers in nearly every country shown and if you
look hard enough when any of the non-US riders are in the same area during
press conferences, they seem to be smirking at his lack of tact.

  I know the guy is only in his early 20s, he isn't supposed to be in the
Administration's Cabinet, he isn't a foreign diplomat, but he is still
representing the "grand ole'" USofA. Maybe I should expect that a
documentary done by MTV would be less than interesting. End rant.

  I brought in my flame-proof suit today. Flame on. ;-D

Kevin Dicks <rawsonboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I watched it - I think it was
meant to be 2 hours only.

I liked it. Bit MTVish but pretty good none the less.

Nicky is a nice kid and I really hope he does better next year.