[St] Tune Boy + Remus on '02 ST -- How do you get it 'crisp'?

Here's another question from someone new to the List and new to STs.

After switching to an aftermarket pipe (Remus), installing TuneBoy, and
resetting the map to '02 ST + aftermarket exhaust, I get consistent pull
through the RPM range but do not get a quick, crisp response from the
throttle.

Last week I had the opportunity to ride a friend's Tiger. He has OEM exhaust
plus PowerCommander.  His bike responds the way I thought the ST would --
there is little to no hesitation between throttle on/off and engine
response.

I know the gearing is a bit different on the Tigers, but am wondering
whether the TuneBoy set up on my bike is right.  One of my friend's riding
buddies had an ST sometime back, who added a TuneBoy and had the same
experience.  He ended up using the map for a Tiger on the ST and got better
results.

I'm no mechanic, just like to ride.  I'd appreciate any advice or pointers
from those who have "been there, done that".

Thanks,

Doug