Re: [St] St Digest, Vol 32, Issue 23

At 06:42 PM 11/26/2007, you wrote:

>Denis - IMHO (and bearing in mind I have heated grips on the S3 AND Gerbing
>heated gloves) I would vote for heated gloves over heated grips any day.
>They are warmer and easier to 'fit' than heated grips.  They aren't cheap
>however but Gerbing has a lifetime warranty.
>
>YMMV :)

Unless you have issues with your hands that can cause them to swell
(I do ) or if you happen to forget to pack the gerbings for a ride
then get caught out in the cold.
In either case, I would rather have the heated grips, than a
particular pair of gloves.
I can ride in the rain without out an issue thanks to the grips, then
change to a dry pair of gloves and commute home with happy warm hands.
A can't picture that with a soaking wet pair of heated gloves.

Also I've been checking out these new gloves for REV'it that have a
thermal transport layer which will move heat absorbed from the grip
around to the knuckle area.
I'm going to try to see if I can get a couple of pairs to demo in the
store and test in real life.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"