Re: [St] Heads up warning, directed at FL members.

Hi,

JES_VFR wrote:
> At 04:05 PM 10/2/2007, you wrote:
>> Not to mention that we're not all in Florida, or even America, and our
>> idea of right and left is very different, and I'm not just talking about
>> the side of road we drive on.
>
> Well as it was stated earlier if the law passes in FL, it could
> spread to the rest of the US.
> How would you like lose your license (for 10 years) and have your
> bike confiscated because you bent a knee in a turn?

:o)  That law would need to spread a LONG way before it would affect me!
  Anyway, there's no harm in discussing bike issues on list, but as
someone else said, political debates on list rarely end well.

>> Quasi-on-topic, has anyone ever had to 'despike' a Veto Evo here??  I
>> ended up removing mine last weekend, so am alarm free just now.  The
>> Veto Evo would not reset after recharging the battery off bike
>> overnight.  I've had my ST for 5 years, so know the basics of the
>> two-button thingy, but this time round all I got was very sore ears and
>> a dead bike.  Fortunately my dealer had kept the bypass block, so 15
>> minutes later I had the alarm removed and was riding again.  But I would
>> like to reinstate the alarm if possible...
>
> Was it recently exposed to moisture, puddles, rain, washing the st???
>
> Or how about a massive static shock???

Washing?  Whassat?  :o)  No moisture.  I'd been out for a couple of
short dry runs that day, but noticed the bike was a tiny bit sluggish
starting so thought I'd give the battery a top-up charge.

I took the battery out to charge it overnight, and when I put it back in
the alarm simply refused to unset.  I tried the two-button realignment
repeatedly, the batteries in the transmitter are new, but to no avail.
When I bought the ST 5 years ago (it's an '00 ST) the dealer provided me
with the original alarm bypass block, which I fitted last weekend to get
the bike running again.

Anyway, I'm running, but really wanted to know if anyone had recovered
from a 'dead' Veto Evo by going through the unspiking procedure.

Oh, and would ANY Veto Evo fit?  I believe the loom connectors are
different bike-to-bike, but of course I have them from my alarm?  If I
pick one up off eBay, could I swap the loom connectors over?

Thanks once again,

Andrew