Re: [St] Throttle cables

At 08:19 PM 10/7/2007, you wrote:

>Mike Needham wrote:
>
>Christ "drivers", AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.
><BANG><BANG>....<Bang>....<bang>
>
>Sorry, I just want to beat myself in the head everytime someone says
>a pilot is a "driver". But your observation in correct.
>My shut off drill goes
>Kill switch to off,
>Key to off,
>Remove key,
>Switch kill switch back to run,
>Grab front brake for dismount.
>
>store Key.
>
>Mike: I like your shut-off drill, except for the part where gravity takes
>over with the side stand undeployed.
>
>Oh, and:
>
>I disliked the term "driver" for "pilot", too, until I got a little more
>comfortable with my own ego. Then I could refer to myself as a
>"C-141 Driver." I
>still didn't care for civilians talking that way, but as a slightly tongue in
>cheek, self-deprecating way I considered it humorous. I guess it is ok if you
>know the difference and use it in humor, but it is not if someone
>uses the term
>in ignorance. Not unlike some of the things we say about motorcycles.
>
>Steve Knudsen
>Auburn, WA
>'00 RS

Hey Steve, I wrote that post. Not Mike.

Since I don't deploy the side stand until the bike is stored in the
garage or I have accessed whether the parking surface will support
the stand (or not).
Then I either add the big foot pad or not and deploy the stand.

Oh, If I hear another pilot like yourself using the term without it
bothering me, but not some uninformed civilian shooting his mouth
off,  If like you or me, or Mike want to refer to ourselves in a
humorous way with that term, I'm okay with that to.
But then again, I was never a "driver" since I was a SAM Hunter.

Watch your six

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"