Re: [St] Throttle cables - Once again

So when I had my friend Adam perform the 24k miles service on my Sprint last May, he cleaned and lubed the throttle cable.  This resulted in a staggering difference in throttle movement.

After it finally started refusing to release, I installed a new one and had the same staggering level of difference between the post-cleaning old cable and a fresh one.  I can't get over how light the throttle action was really supposed to be.

>From this, I suggest spending the $38US and the 30 minutes to change out any throttle cable that feels like it needs cleaning.  The labor is actually less and the cost is only $38US.

Also, a "you were right" to Capt. Serlick on the substitute clutch cable I tried last year to save a few $$.  After installing the GenMars, that cable just didn't do it, so I went back to stock a few months ago and the clutch no longer binds.  I do learn the hard way about a lot of things...

YMMV,
Happy Weekend,
JDW

________________________________

From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of JES_VFR
Sent: Sat 10/6/2007 5:27 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Throttle cables

At 05:11 PM 10/6/2007, you wrote:

>Sorry John, no disrespect intended. When I was a teenager I spent
>summers flagging and driving a tanker truck for my uncle while he
>sprayed all kinds of really nasty stuff on fields all over the Columbia
>basin. He "drove" C-119s in Korea, and then moved on to "real piloting"
>spraying crops after the war. That's how he talked about himself, and it
>just rubbed off on me.
>
>Mike
>'06 ST
>Seattle

Hey got my start dropping dust for my dad's uncle for two summers. I
even had time in the Greatgrandfather's stearman biplane.
So then I moved on to 'real piloting' hunting SAM's and other low
level attack stuff for the USAF.

It's okay,

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"