From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Al Garvin
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:56 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Plug problem

Mark,
   I have a 2000 ST and have only had it cut out on me twice. Once when
I starting having battery troubles. I think the battery was about to go
as it was pretty hard to crank the bike a couple of times and then after

that it would not crank until I put it on a charger for a while. During
this time it cut out on me going to work but I got it started by
dropping it into low gear and letting the clutch out. Then I needed to
keep it reved up to keep it running.  Then about a week later same
problem. I replaced the battery and have not had any problems since.
   The other time I was buying gas and the pump I was going to use was
out of order, so I started the bike and immediately dropped it into gear

and let out the clutch to move to another pump (before the oil and
engine check light went out) . After I got gas and restarted the bike,
it would not idle. I took it out on the freeway and ran it hard thinking

I was clearing out carbon on the plugs, but when I came rolling up to a
stop at the next light it died again. Got it started and got off on a
side street and shut it off for about 5 minutes. After that it ran OK. I

think I had confused the computer back at the pump and it upset the
throttle body sensor.
Al