Re: [St] Headlights

At 02:02 PM 9/11/2007, you wrote:
>Bil,
>What difference, if any, did you see between the Vision Plus and the
>SilverStar?
>
>Also, I'm seeing conflicting information on the web, stating that the
>Osram Silver Star is a good quality bulb, while the Sylvania is a
>cheaper, blue-tint style bulb.  I know that at one point they were two
>different companies, but now Osram owns Sylvania, so is this still the
>case or are the two bulbs the same?
>
>I'll stop by the local auto parts store on the way home tonight and
>check it out...
>
>Dan

FWIW, I used the vision plus's in one of my cages only once. They did
not seem a whole lot brighter to me than the stock bulbs did. Now let
me stop for a second and point out that I have a quad relay setup on
this car so each of the elements of each headlight bulb is on a
single relay and can draw full voltage directly from the battery.
The Vision Plus's also only lasted about two months and both low
beams popped within hours of each other.
I replaced them with Silver Stars and the whiter light certainly
seemed brighter to my eyes. I had them for about two years in the car
before one of them blew out.
By that time I had discovered the Hoen Bulbs and ordered a set for
the car. That was four and a half years ago and I still say that they
are the brightest near white lights I have ever used (only true HID
in a rental car ever seemed brighter).

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"