Re: [St] http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr091107.html

>>Ever seen a picture of someone after they
have come off and the first thing to hit the bitumen was their face with no
protection?
<<
Don't need a picture, it happened to me about 17 years ago.  High-sided an
XS1100 and used my face as a brake.  One good thing is I can tell you that
facial injuries heal rather well... but I wouldn't recommend trying it!!  I
normally always wear a full-face but for some reason I still can't fathom on
that particular ride I didn't.  Walking around holding your face in place with
a towel (not to mention spitting out the broken teeth) is an experience I hope
none of you have to endure!  I'll go back to lurking now....

--
Michael Browne
06 Sprint ST