From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of John Ulizzi
Sent: Fri 9/21/2007 2:14 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [St] Fork service/Race Tech

Well, the deeper I look, the more questions I have. I
have been fighting with handling issues on this bike
for a season and a half now. At first I thought it was
my choice of tires. Ran several sets of stock 020s and
loved 'em. Got a deal on several pairs of 014s, dont
like them at all. Now the bike has 21k on the clock, a
good portion of those two up. Fork service has not yet
ever been done. Considering fork service shortly, was
quoted $325 from local dealer. Wondering if I should
also look to replace springs at the same time with
something a little stouter. I'm 6'1" about 230,
without gear. I am guessing the springs dont just
"drop in", so adding them after the fork fluid service
is prolly not an option, if I want to save
money/labor. Opinions please...

John