Re: [St] First signs of Battery replacement?

Thanks for the replies, kids.

  The whole irregular outage made me think more about it being wiring or electrical and less directly to a failing battery.

  So, I poured through the wiring diagrams in the manual last night trying to see what else the clock is wired to. I also noticed that the Battery Tender didnt respond when I plugged it into the accessory socket. Even though I made a cursory check of the fuses and everything looked fine, I looked closer at #3 which runs the accessory socket, heated grips (dont have) and the clock. #3 was blown. Those mini fuses are hard to see if you dont pull them out and directly check them.

  This am, I stopped by my local NAPA and picked up some 15A minis and will replace it this evening.

Prior to this, I purchased a BMW corded cigar adapter for the accessory outlet. I did plug it in to see if the 24" was long enough to reach into the tank bag. Is it possible that the cigar adapter blew the fuse? I did NOT plug anything into the cigar outlet. BTW--24" is just barely long enough to reach into the Triumph tank bag.

  I am still thinking of replacing the battery since, as I too think six years is pretty old.

  Todd

Dan Wallander <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  6 years is a long time for a battery, so it's time to replace it anyway. If
it fixes the clock problem, great. If not, then you'll have to look for
something else - loose wire maybe?

Dan.

Dan Wallander