Re: [St] New little flakeout

<<When my temperature sending unit went bad all kinds of weird things started happening. One was that the fuel gauge did what yours is doing. But it also caused the engine to run real rich and rough. When you say the mechanic didn't fully seat the connector, is that because the sender was just replaced or was he doing other work?>>
Sorry, should have talked about that.  It was just routine work.  A 86k mile service, to be exact.  And I have been chasing that backfire for a while now.  Fuel economy isn't bad though.  With the Triumph 'race' can and matching tune I can still get 42-45mpg down the highway.  I have gotten into the mid 30's when really honking on the backroads.

<<well if the coolant temp sender is a thermistor like the on my honda and all my cages, it could be shorting out when it hits the temp that should switch on the fan.That would make sense because its pulling the voltage on the supply bus that feeds all the sensors of the ecu and the fuel sender.Low signals from all the other sensors help trip the MIL light, yet the short still triggers the fans.or at least that is my immediate take on it. Check the temp sender, or get it checked.>>
Well now that's an interesting thought.  Wouldn't the shorting also cause the sensor to fail and therefore not recover?  Not with my luck probably, hehe  I'm hoping once the dealer hooks the Gameboy up we can get a better indication about this idea.

Thanks for the thoughts guys!  Now to see where that sensor is located, just in case.
Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426f