[St] Re; flake out problem.

<<
Steve and company, I have just fixed this problem on my 02 ST. It is
caused by low system voltage.
Check your battery terminals for tightness, this will cause this. Also
if your charging system is not up to snuff, low voltage will occur,
voltage at the battery with the engine stopped and headlight fuse
pulled should be 12.7v MINIMUM.
With the fuse in and the bike rulling at 400rpm or so should be
13.3volts MINIMUM.

OK you lost my on the first reading.  If they engine and key are off,
what difference does the headlight fuse make?  As it rests right now,
key off, I get 12.72V across the battery terminals.  It's after
midnight, so I'm not going to do the running test right now.  But I have
done a reading many months ago and the charging system didn't go below
your minimum at any RPM at the time.  I have found the ground side cable
loose before, but it's been tight for the last few occurrences of this
anomaly.

--
Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
AMA Life Member #548538