Re: [St] Reasons not to buy a Triumph Sprint

Another traffic light incident while I was aboard my ST-

>From a bloke in a truck that I drew along side: "Hey mate! Is that a real Triumph?"

I nodded that indeed it was.

"Did you know they're making triples again?!"

I conveyed my amazement at this revelation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eoin Kirwan <eoinkirwan@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 1:08 pm
Subject: Re: [St] Reasons not to buy a Triumph Sprint

On Thu 03 Apr 2008, David Jonas wrote:
>> On 4/2/08, Bil Swartz <bil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> 9. The constant barrage of old gits coming up to you saying "that doesn't
>> look
>> like the Triumph I used to have."
>
> Testify!  It took me about 3 hours before I got that comment.

I can beat that. I live about 30 minutes away from the friend I bought my
Trophy3 from. Five minutes from home, I got the "I used to have one of those,
do they still make them?" comment from the car beside me at a red light :)

Oddly, I've never got such a comment on the ST, the Triumph logo is far too
discreet IMHO especially with the Baglux tank bag base fitted (there is a
Triumph logo on it, but it's even smaller and less visible than the one
printed on the tank.) From the front, and most importantly, the rear, there
is nothing that says "This is a TRIUMPH not Just Another Jap Four" :(

Eoin

'04 ST955i
ex '93 Trophy3