Re: [St] Cleaning

dkamest110@xxxxxxx wrote:> Beware ! ! ! oven cleaner and aluminum do not mix well.  I read somewhere that Simple Green pits uncoated aluminum, so I let my supply run out. Since it's asked, I'm using Honda Spray Polish (it's miracle stuff!) or Plexus on the plastics. Pledge is an old trick too, and doesn't really leave an oily or dirt attracting finish as someone worried about. WD-40 sprayed onto a rag for chain and rim cleaning, gets tar off the pipe too. The orange/citrus cleaners get the stubborn stuff pretty good too. Don't tell anyone any of that, my stock answer is "I sprinkle soap flakes on the bike when it rains on me!">>>>>>

Soap flakes?  Who's got time for that luxary :)

As I understand it, Simple Green will only pit aluminium if it's undiluded and is allowed to sit on the metal for a time.

Steven "dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426f