From: agate47@xxxxxxx
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 4:49 am
Subject: Re: [St] Cleaning

Regarding?all the comments recently about using oven cleaner on our bikes. I
cannot remember the source, perhaps some recent tech tips in Cycle World or some
web page I frequent. However, the source did claim that oven cleaner would be
good for removing the marks left by a boot heel on a hot muffler. I assume he
was referring to a stainless steel or chromed muffler. For me that would be the
limit to such experiments. I agree with most of the posts about keeping that
stuff away from aluminum and paint.

Steve Knuden
Auburn, WA