Re: [St] push start

I had to do it a couple times on my Sprint before getting a new battery,as long as there is enough to power fuel pump you are good. Jim.> Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:29:13 +0200> From: daytona955.marc@xxxxxxxxx> To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [St] push start> > Greetings to the collective trumpet mind!> > My Daytona's battery is starting to get a bit dodgy. Methinks the three> month lay over while I was trying to sell it has messed up the battery.> > Here's my question - if there is enough power to switch on the dials etc,> but not enough to spin the motor over, can I push start the bike?> > Assuming I can find someone willing to help, I was thinking of putting it in> third, letting the bike build some speed then dump the clutch and give a> little gas.> > will it work? will I go wheelying thorugh the security fence at work? will> my work colleagues all out of their cages with laughter?> > thanks> > > Marc> Cape Town RSA> > 2006 Daytona 955, 2007 KLR650, 1965 doofus rider.> ___