[St] spare a thought for my Mate Carl

 My good friend and riding buddy Carl is in hospital in Milnerton cape Town,
after taking a big fall on his KLR650 in some soft sand.

I was supposed to go along, but went windsurfing instead and he decided to
ride with one of our wilder bike riding connections.

Apparently the front wheel hit a buried plank while he was ploughing through
a thick soft patch, and the bike threw him off.

He has three broken and displaced ribs, three more fractured, and a possible
punctured lung.

They wont let him go until they are happy his lung wont collapse, and the
dude is in serious pain. Poor bugger had to ride the bike out of the sand -
must have been very sore.

Cheers

Marc
Cape Town