From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Young, Mike
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 12:23 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] 2000 sprint ST wont start.

The "Bendix" return spring is probably broken and jamming the starter
gear before it can engage with the gear on the flywheel. (clutch? I
haven't studied that corner of the bike that closely).
It's probably time for a new starter. (unless you can get the parts and
repair it your self. The work is straight forward,  but getting the
parts might prove tricky.)