Re: [St] Shimmy, shake, wiggle, waggle, whatever...

David

One Hz is very low. If we assume that the circumference of the rear tire is around
188 cm (diam 60 cm),for one sec we drive 188 cm and for one hour 3600*188 = 676800 cm = 6.768 km.
That means that if it would be related to tire or wheel rotation, at 1 Hz it whould correspond to 6.7 km/h which is not corresponding to what you're saying. Even a default twice on
the circumference like miscentering would imply half this speed.

6Hz would give a 40km/h which is far from 65 mph (104km/h). 104 km/h whould induce 15 Hz.

Any part related to the engine rotation would give a far higher frequency (100 Hz range).

The only plausible thing I can imagine is a cyclical defect in the pavement (concrete pavement patch).

Are you sure about the frequency?

Fred

I have a question. I've got a '99 ST and it's got a strange vibration at
highway speed. I can describe it as a varying amplitude (from 0 to full
wiggle on about a 1 Hz cycle) with a frequency of about 6 Hz. If this makes
any sense...