Re: [St] Shimmy, shake, wiggle, waggle, whatever...

To Dan:

On 7/31/08, Dan Wallander <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Vibration can come from the rear too.  Check the balance on that.
> Check your tire pressures

Pressures are good.  Per the manual.

Check your steering head bearings

I'll get on this one this weekend.

Check your rims for round - have you hit a chuck hole lately

Rims are good.  Never been egged, far as I know.  They are a perfect circle.

Check that your front axle and rear nut (no, not the passenger) are torqued
> correctly

The front and rear wheels have both been done by me, and both torqued to
service manual sepcifications.

Broken belt in a a tire - got any bulges

The rear tire is coming toward the end of it's life, though still
serviceable.  The front is spankin' and neither tire show signs of abnormal
wear or deterioration.

Does it happen with the clutch in and out?

Yes.  The problem does not go away with the trans disengaged.  Hence my
belief it's not engine or drive-side transmission related.

Does it happen in any gear at that speed?

Yes.  It's completely gear-independent.  I've downshifted to third at
highway speed and it's still just as 'there' as it is in 6th.

Could be a combination of factors.
> Check your throttle body synch.

This is a new one to me.  Is this in the shop manual?