Re: [St] 675 Tiger

I know Triumph have said that they are done with off road bikes.. but they
say a lot of stuff just to keep us guessing and interested.

IMHO the 675 motor is a class leader and lends itself nicely to a number of
applications. A mid weight tourer is one that springs to mind.

The other is a mid weight off road bike, with true off road capability and a
centre of gravity as low as possible, while maintaining reasonable ground
clearance. A tough compromise I know, however, done well this bike would be a real
competitor to the likes of KTM & BMW. If the 675 motor in this application
was tuned for bottom end, mid range and as much torque as possible, mounted in a
capable frame, it would make for a great "adventure tourer", as the catagory
is now known.The ability to be able to carry a high fuel load would also be a
great advantage. Anyone who has seen where the BMW GS's and KTM 990 etc can go
will know what I mean.

Maybe if we keep talking about it, or even offer our services to Triumphs R&D
dept we might see something emerge???

Brett