[St] 96,398(was 98,398)

Si is on the path I believe we are finding.  The rotation I was referring too was while the piston was still in the bore, after only the head was removed.  You could place your finger tips on the crown and twist it, just slightly, clockwise and anti-clockwise.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426f

<<Sounds like a little play in the small end bearings. Hence he means rotational slop. Si  Quoting Frederic NIZERY <frederic.nizery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: > Steven,>> I didn't realized it was miles until Greg pointed it out. So you made> it from far as you reached 158396km which is far above 100000km. One> question though: what you call "extra slop in them rotationally": is it> the fact that the symmetry axis of the piston is not perpendicular to> the engine symmetry axis? if so according to you and your mechanic, is> it due to piston rod being twisted? Fred ST 02 BRG>>>> OK first off I'm unreasonably upset I can't say it honestly made it >> to 100,000 miles. BUT, it didn't fail catastrophically and we >> have the technology to rebuild it. So here's the story.>>> .....The pistons had just a little extra slop in them rotationally >> so they tore it completely down. This is actually pretty impressive