Re: [St] 96,398

I only had hands on parts for a few minutes a couple of days and I didn't have a chance to check vertical free play. Honestly, didn't think of it. Brian mentioned the rotational play. Once I have a full rundown of what Brian is doing, along with a parts list, your questions might be answered.
--
Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
AMA Life Member #548538

<<
Steven

Is it free play in the piston rod head (crank shaft side) or the foot (top end i.e. piston side).
As you didn't notice any defect in the journal surfaces is it the piston rod journal pads that need to be
replaced? Will you do that? As this free play will increase, the engine will probably develop noises.

Where you able to notice vertical free play (rotating the crank a little bit and piston stay steel)?

Fred