Re: [St] Noise profile for 2006 Sprint ST 1050 c/w sport cans

That's kind of my point. They have this limit that they impose, but they don't say how its to be measured. If you stick a dB meter 1 ft from the exhaust and rev the engine to 60% of max, its going to fail, even on a stock bike. We played around with a co-worker's boat (similar issue at the boat launch he uses) and found that at 10ft he was 104dB, but at 20ft he was 101dB. I told him just to idle and leave the throttle alone while near the marina... (big block with captain's call for those who like boats).
For the bike, you should be fine. I think they're trying to scare away the guys who run virtually open pipes. Its not like you're running a MotoGP bike...

Dan

Barry Evans wrote:
Dan,

I don't think they are that technical in France! And perhaps, hopefully,
they don't care that much. A mate who has been before tells me that they
didn't even bother testing his 2007 Gixer because it had a standard exhaust
on. So perhaps they may look at mine and think its standard?

Thanks for offer of doing profile, but would the differences in engine and
exhaust be too great to be useful?

Barry