Re: [St] Noise profile for 2006 Sprint ST 1050 c/w sport cans

I have been a member of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), the sanctioning body for amateur racing in the states, for the past 30+ years. Many of our race tracks (just like our airports) are getting homes build around them and even though they have been there for ever the new home builders want the tracks and airports to move.  The result is noise restrictions.  In the SCCA we place a microphone, to the outside of the track, and measure the DB of the passing cars.  The result is that many cars, like bikes, that used to run an exhaust out both sides are now running the exhaust strictly out the inside of the track side.  Total noise is not as important as direction of the noise. If total noise still exceeds the DB restriction then some kind of muffling is required. I assume this is what you are running into.

Gary