Re: [St] Noise profile for 2006 Sprint ST 1050 c/w sport cans

They just use their ears and if it's too noisy, they measure. B&K gear is for sale even in France ;-)
They enforce that for quite some years now and we can ear less and less
after-market noisy exhaust (which is for me a good thing). Making noise
doesn't make the bike more fun IMHO.

If it's too noisy they can even seize the bike in the worst case plus the fee.

I remember 10 years ago Harleys that were so noisy that they triggered
my car alarm when passing by my house. They disappeared.

Fred (France)

Dan,

I don't think they are that technical in France! And perhaps, hopefully,
they don't care that much. A mate who has been before tells me that they
didn't even bother testing his 2007 Gixer because it had a standard exhaust
on. So perhaps they may look at mine and think its standard?

Thanks for offer of doing profile, but would the differences in engine and
exhaust be too great to be useful?

Barry