Re: [St] Howlin' at the Moon

At the beginning of 08 I had a patch where I was going to sell the triple
and buy a Beemer K1200s.

Fortunately I decided I could live without that triple rumble -as amazing as
that Beemer is, it lacks soul. Of the two friends I had who rode them, one
has sold his and the other is looking for something different.

Apparently, but this is just hearsay, the maintenance costs on the four
cylinder Beemers will make you weep once you go past 40 000kms.

I had the chance to ride the 1050 Tiger through the Robinson pass a few
months ago. 20/ 30 kms of sweeping bends, motorcycle heaven. Easily my
favourite pass in this part of the world, pity its too far for a day ride
from home.

I really liked the Tiger, not quite the same top end punch as the 1050 ST,
and not as practical, but its the type of bike that puts a grin on your face
no matter weather you are cruising or blasting.

When the time comes to trade the Daytona I'm going to struggle to choose
between the 1050 ST and the Tiger.

cheers

Marc