Re: [St] I can't decide...Another Bike To Consider

As a KLR rider, and just as a motorcyclist I have a few comments.

1. Skills are always more important than the bike. Take the money you'd spend on the BMW and spend a small portion of that on taking a dirt riding class. Spend the rest of it on a vacation.

2. Would you rather drop a $5k bike, or a $10k bike?

3. The BMW is a heavier bike, meaning you're more likely to drop it, especially in the soft stuff where you're already having trouble.

4. The KLR is an almost bullet proof bike. From what I've been reading lately, BMW's quality reputation has been slipping on several fronts.