Re: [St] Aluminum or Steel...

AFAIK, most aftermarket sprockets (rears at least) are made of Aluminum these days. I don't think you have to worry about wear, though. I haven't run one, but I'm pretty sure that people are able to get 15-20k miles out of the aluminum sprockets. You'll still find steel front sprockets, and I 'm guessing its due to the splined drive shaft...

Dan in snowy IL (good luck to those in the NE, we didn't get quite as much as predicted...)

John Ulizzi wrote:
Hey folks, I am trying to source a 45 tooth rear sprocket for my soon to be 01 RS. Triumph doesnt make one, and my local dealer can only seem to find one in aluminum. Is it just me, or does that sound strange ? I dont believe I have ever had an aluminum rear sprocket on any of my bikes. Is there a reason not to use one? Just seems to me it wouldnt last very long...
Thanks,
John