Re: [St] Aluminum or Steel...

John Ulizzi wrote:

I am trying to source a 45 tooth rear sprocket for my soon to be 01 RS.

IIRC my ST's OEM sprocket was a Sunstar, which is what I replaced it with (steel) for longer life.

Sure, "aluminium" reduces unsprung weight but we're talking street bikes here.

I sourced all my replacement chains and sprox at MotorCycleOnlineStore.com last time around. JT for the front and Sunstar for the rear. Mention your HSTA membership for a discount.

Now why would you go up 2 in the back rather than dropping one or two in the front? Seems easier to me w/o risk of needing another link in the chain, etc.

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\