[St] Used Bike Tips (2)

Thanks to everyone who has replied, and sorry for 2 reasons;

1. I can't quite work out how to use this forum - the archive doesn't seem to include 2008 for threads.

2. I am in the UK, and thought the list was a UK list. For those of you who asked -

ER-5 = Kawasaki ER500 used by lots of training schools here. Bought my own after learning on one.

Direct Access =  a 4 day course to take you from very basic learner to a full motor bike licence with no restrictions

3. I bought an ER-5 for 2 years as I did not want to be too ambitious. I've done 6000 miles on it in Scotland, and feel almost ready to step up to a bigger bike.

4. And yes I am in the UK, 15 miles north of Aberdeen on the east coast (lots of salt!)

5. Just started heavy snow, so I will not be test riding the bike I have my eye on just yet - will leave for a week, although am becoming very impatient.

Thanks to all, but one last question ....

My wife and I (don't laugh) add up to 30 stone (420 pounds, 190 kg). We have never both toured together. Would we need to make any modifications to an ST for our awfully large weight? (middle aged with middle age spread)

Bill