Re: [St] New spec for 2008 1050 ST--tank bags

I have used strap equipped bags for my bikes also (Eclipse) and now the Triumph branded one on my 01. I like the Triumph bag. I have a couple of complaints: I want more features on the inside to keep things orderly, I wish those side "pockets" were useable, and I would have liked to have the mesh on the inside of the lid be closable. But I do like the removable map case that velcros to the mounting pad. I use that every time I ride.

  I would like to find something that uses the same velcro mounting platform as the Triumph one that is just big enough to hold a few things (camera, glasses, phone).

  I saw recently that someone was clearing out RKA bags. I also saw that Sargent (the seat company) was clearing out their bags. I will see if I can find those linkies.

Todd

Paul Traina <pst@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  Speaking of plastic tanks, what are you all using for tank bags if you
use them at all? What works well, what doesn't? I've heard horror
stories about strap-on tank bags and then I went and bought a bike
with a plastic tank.... dang! :-(

Paul